Publications and presentations
Children Exposed to Domestic Violence: Whose 'Best Interests’ in the Family Court?
- Shea Hart, A. (2013) Centralising children’s need in dispute resolution in family violence cases. Children Australia Special Issue, 38, 178-183.
- Shea Hart, A. (2011) Child safety in Australian family law: Responsibilities and challenges for social science experts in domestic violence cases. Australian Psychologist 46, 31-40
- Shea Hart, A. (2010) Children's needs compromised in the construction of their 'best interests'. Women's Studies International Forum 33(3), pp.196-205.
- Shea Hart, A. (2009) Child inclusive mediation in cases of domestic violence in Australia. Conflict Resolution Quarterly, 27(1), 3-26.
- Shea Hart, A.; & Bagshaw, D. (2008). The idealised post separation family in Australian family law: A dangerous paradigm in cases of domestic violence. Journal of Family Studies 14(2-3), Special Issue October, 291-309.
- Shea Hart, A. (2004). Children exposed to domestic violence: Undifferentiated needs in Australian family law. Australian Journal of Family Law, 18(2), 170-192.
- Shea Hart, A. (2003). The silent minority. Children Australia, 28(4), 31-38.
- Shea Hart, A. (2000). The forgotten victims - Children witnessing domestic violence. Children in the Crossfire of Divorce. Sydney: LAAMS Publication
- Feather J & Shea Hart A (2017) Dominant Species Syndrome, A new concept to understand and change unsustainable human behavior. International Conference Cognitive and Behavioral Psychology, Singapore
- Shea Hart A (2013) Multidisciplinary collaborative practice: Valuable in complex family disputes. Asia Pacific Mediation Summit, Manila.
- Shea Hart A (2012) Centralising children’s needs in family violence cases. National Mediation Conference, 11-13 Sept Sydney NSW
- Shea Hart, A. (2011) Children exposed to domestic violence: Centralizing their needs in family dispute resolution. Asia Pacific Mediation Leadership Summit: From ‘Talk to Action’, Bangkok Thailand
- Shea Hart, A (2010). Avoiding the battle scars. 10th National Mediation Conference, 6-9 Sept, Adelaide, SA
- Shea Hart, A. (2008). Child inclusive mediation in cases where domestic violence is an issue. 4th Asia Pacific Mediation Forum Mediation in the Asia Pacific: Constraints and challenges 16-18 June, International Islamic University Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Shea Hart, A. (2008). Understanding early attachments and improving outcomes for children at risk. Child Safety Research Mini-Conference 11th June, Department of Child Safety Queensland, Rockhampton.
Invited speaker and conference presentations
- 2013 Keynote Speaker Women and children in transition. Annual Conference Counseling Association of South Australia, Fractured Families. Adelaide 11 May
- 2013 Invited Speaker Instructing social science experts, The Law Society of South Australia, Adelaide 14 February
- 2012 Invited Speaker Protecting and nurturing children, Child and Family Health Professional Network, Adelaide, 14 Aug
- 2012 Invited Speaker “Family violence and child inclusive practice: Considerations and complexities”, Family Law Pathways Conference Newcastle 7-8 June
- 2012 Invited Speaker “Child inclusive practice where domestic violence is an issue”, Child Inclusive Practice Forum, Sydney 15-16 March
- 2011 Invited Speaker “Family Law reforms: prioritizing children’s best interests in cases of violence”, The Greens Party, Adelaide, 3 May
- 2009 Guest speaker Mayday Rally “The urgent need to centralize children’s exposure to violence in family law decisions”. Adelaide Parliament House 3rd May.
- 2008 Guest Speaker National Social Work Day - AASW North Queensland Branch, Townsville 14th May.
- 2008 Guest Speaker National Social Work Day - AASW North Queensland Branch, Mackay 15th May.
- 2008 Invited speaker "Domestic violence marginalised and children's needs compromised in the construction of children's 'best interests'". Shared Parental Responsibility in Australian Family Law and the Impact on Children Forum, 14th April, Hawke Research Institute, University of South Australia, Adelaide.
- 2008 Invited Speaker – “Understanding early attachments and improving outcomes for children at risk”. Child Safety Research Mini-Conference 11th June, Department of Child Safety Queensland, Rockhampton.
- 2007 Distinguished Visitor - “The Family Court’s construction of an idealized post separation family and the marginalization of domestic violence”. 9 June, Queensland Centre for Domestic and Family Violence Research, Mackay.
- 2007 Invited speaker - "The marginalization of domestic violence in the determination of children's best interests in the Family Court". 28 November, AASW South Australia Branch, Adelaide.
Conference, Seminar, workshop and other presentations
- 2018 Psycho-social approaches for educating children to build resilience and eco-sustainable living. Chrysalis Education, Chennai India 8 March
- 2017 Enabling Human Behavioral Change for a Sustainable Future. Global and Europen Greens Congress, United Kingdom 2 April.
- 2016 Understanding Psychosocial Processes to Facilitate Human Behavioural Change. Australasian Facilitators Network (AFN) Conference, New Zealand 1 Dec.
- 2016 Child Inclusive Practice to Centralise Children's Needs. SA Collaborative Practice Group 23 Nov
- 2016 Motivating Change for a Sustainable Future. the Greens Sturt Branch 17 Oct.
- 2015 Pioneering approach for human wellbeing and sustainability: addressing Dominant Species Syndrome. Australian Association of Social Workers National Conference Sydney University 27 Nov
- 2014 Dominant Species Syndrome: A new concept to understand and manage unsustainable human behaviour on planet Earth. The New Zealand Psychological Society Annual Conference, Nelson NZ Aug 30
- 2014 Mediation skills training, Australian Education Union, Adelaide July
- 2014 Mediation skills training, University of SA, Adelaide Feb
- 2013 Mediation skills training, Australian Education Union, Adelaide 18 April
- 2013 Centralizing Children’s Needs in Dispute Resolution in Cases of Domestic Violence, Child Aware Conference. The Convention Centre Melbourne, 12 April
- 2012 Child and Family Sensitive Practice, Children Communities Connections Conference, The Hawke Centre UniSA 15-16 Nov
- 2012 Mediation skills training Australian Education Union, Adelaide, 6 July
- 2012 Conflict and emotional intelligence. Adelaide Collaborative Practice Group, 19 March, Adelaide SA
- 2012 Centralising children’s needs in family dispute resolution in DV situations. Child Inclusive Practice Forum, 16 March, Sydney NSW.
- 2011 Building Capacity Building Bridges Child & Family Sensitive Practice, 24 & 25th Nov, Christies Beach SA
- 2011 Building Capacity Building Bridges Collaboration Workshop, 14th Nov, Ipswich Qld
- 2011 Family violence and Family Law reforms, 3rd May, Pilgrim Centre Adelaide
- 2011 Emotional Intelligence workshop, Bower Place, Adelaide, 25th March
- 2011 Multidisciplinary Collaborative Practice, Stirling Rotary Club, 17th Jan
- 2010 Mediation skills training Australian Education Union, Adelaide 9 July
- 2010 “Solutions Without Court: Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice”, Adelaide Collaborative Practice Group, Hilton Hotel Adelaide, 19 May
- 2010 “The power of discourse: contemporary family law terminology”. Child Protection Services, Women’s and Children’s Hospital, Adelaide, 12 February.
- 2010 Author Teleconference presentation for Conflict Resolution Quarterly, 19 January.
- 2009 Skills training workshop Collaborative Practice Group, Adelaide, 9 December
- 2009 Legislation and practice in Australian family law”. Safer Family Law Council SA, Adelaide, 4 November.
- 2009 Skills training workshop Collaborative Practice Group, Adelaide, 14 October
- 2009 Skills training workshop Collaborative Practice Group, Adelaide, 9 September
- 2009 Skills training workshop Collaborative Practice Group, Adelaide, 1 July
- 2008 “Building secure parent-infant attachment”. Workshop Child Youth Mental Health Service, Rockhampton, 26 February.
- 2008 “Understanding mediation as a process”. AASW North Queensland Branch, Townsville, Queensland, 14 May.
- 2008 “Understanding mediation as a process”. AASW North Queensland Branch, Mackay Queensland, 15 May.
- 2008 “Child inclusive mediation”. Central Queensland Dispute Resolution Centre, Rockhampton, Queensland, 12 May.
- 2008 “Child inclusive practice”. Skills workshop, Central Queensland Dispute Resolution Centre, Court House Rockhampton, Queensland, 4 August.
- 2007 “Mediation in practice: Understanding the process and developing the skills”. Workshop AASW Queensland Conference, Yeppoon 18 October.
- 2007 “Children's exposure to domestic violence and family breakdown”. Central Queensland Regional Community Health Social Workers’ forum, Rockhampton, 18 December.
- 2007 “Attachment patterns and building secure attachment”. Workshop for early childhood providers Sth Fleurieu Health, SA 21 April.